"And this was BEFORE the '47% are victims and don't pay taxes' video came out
today"

I'm trying to decide if this actually helps his campaign.

People might like a candidate who drops the truth every once in a while.

Anyway, in Alan Grayson, NBC fashion, Mother Jones is practicing some
questionable editing.  They released the following clip from Romney:

There is a perception, “Oh, we were born with a silver spoon, he never had
to earn anything and so forth.” Frankly, I was born with a silver spoon, "

Not a good quote for Romney unless you get the full quote:

There is a perception, “Oh, we were born with a silver spoon, he never had
to earn anything and so forth.” Frankly, I was born with a silver spoon,
which is the greatest gift you can have:which is to get born in America.

I have read that Romney wants Mother Jones to release the whole video.
 Probably a good idea.

Also, this is very similar to Obama's "Guns and Religion" moment in 2008.

-

In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who
vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it. - Alexis de Tocqueville

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of
opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. -
Thomas Jeffers