I like the two-factor authentication and have been using it for awhile now.

However, there is one giant, stupendous hole in it that hopefully you
will never fall into.

I have a friend who has used two factor authentication for awhile and
who also owns an Android phone. She's pretty big on the Google
ecosystem. She's got her gmail account set up and her nicely tied in
Android phone and everything is sweet. Until the phone barfs a
hairball as they do sometimes and she takes it into Verizon. Verizon
wipes the phone (not bothering to ask her but that's another issue)
and resets it. Great. In order to set up the phone, you have to log
into your Google account. Except the Google account has two factor
authentication, so you have to authorize the phone to connect to your
Google account. Which you do by having Goggle send a message to your
phone (which is the second authentication factor)...which you can't
get into because it hasn't been set up yet because you can't get into
Google with it.

D'oh.

Certain situations, two factor authentication becomes a recursive
rabbit hole that you cannot escape. The rest of the time, it is
awesome security and a good idea.

Judah