I am neither a proponent nor an opponent of voter id laws. I don't
understand why its such a huge issue that citizens show proof they are
who they say they are when they go to vote.

However, in order for a voter ID laws to pass the 'smell' test with
me, it needs to have provisions for people who are unable to get an ID
- such as people the left parades around as not having a birth
certificate, etc. - admittedly, fringe cases, but they need to be
accounted for.

If a voter ID law prevents someone who can currently vote legally (or
even makes it more difficult to vote)..well...then...the law sucks.