First off, the PS3 is wireless, you shouldn't have a problem there.

Secondly, if the DirectTV receiver is not wireless and you can't run CAT-5,
you can set up a wireless bridge. Many moons ago, I was able to get an
effective bridge set up with two low-end Linksys 802.11g APs and it worked
wonderfully. These days, Cisco/Linksys sells dedicated devices precisely
for this purpose:

http://homestore.cisco.com/en-us/products/linksys-entertainment_bridges_stcVVcatId554254VVviewcat.htm?icid=global-header-bridges-link

I'm sure you can find a better deal on these or something similar with some
judicious googling + shopping to see what prices you can get, but anything
like that should be a breeze to set up.

- Jim