On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Scott Stroz <boyz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This may sound odd (and admittedly even a bit selfish), but when I watch
> the news or see pictures of the aftermath of the storm, I feel as if part
> of my life has been ripped away from me - leaving me with kind of an empty
> feeling inside. I know it does not compare to losing your home or even
> power for a few days.

Scott-

I don't think this is selfish at all. Just because you didn't lose a house
or a loved one doesn't mean you didn't lose something very important to
you. I think that sometimes people tend to feel that if there is someone
else who's hurt worse than you are that somehow your own hurt is not
justified. That's not the case at all.

I can't imagine going through what everyone up there is going through. Here
I sit in my comfortable office with power and fresh clean water and
watching this disaster on the news all day. It's totally bizarre to me that
things like this are happening elsewhere when I look out the window here in
Atlanta and everything's just fine outside.

-Cameron