That second crap was supposed to be "childish and unhelpful".

I made a personal resolution for this year that I have too little time, and
too little patience. And I am not willing to engage with people who are
mean, or parrot talking points, or are belittling of others.

Not that those people don't have valid points of view, just that I don't
have the time or patience to get past those issues into substance.

Time and patience are too precious. And unfortunately, I expect this
resolution to keep me out of a LOT of discussions.

Thank God and Google for "mute" on gmail.