One child in the CT shooting was hit with 11 rounds.  The others only had
one or more.  He went there determined to kill and he had access and
opportunity to do so.  The weapons he had that he did not use would have
been as deadly as the Bushmaster.  It would have just taken longer.

The problem is not which gun Lanza had but that he had any gun at all.
Solve that problem.