"What is the last "progressive" or left leaning politician that made
racist remarks,
and spoke about going back to slavery, or that slavery was a good thing?"

I don't know and I am not going to research it.  I was talking about racism
in general.  Also, racism is not just a skin color problem.  American
anti-Semites are predominantly left wingers.

Of course, if one used a little critical thinking, one could easily see
that LBJ endorsed slavery with the Great Society.  And it worked like a
charm.

-

Like the March of Dimes' victory against polio in the U.S., civil rights
organizations can claim victory as well. At one time, black Americans did
not enjoy the same constitutional guarantees as other Americans. Now we do.
Because the civil rights struggle is over and won doesn't mean that all
problems have vanished within the black community. A 70 percent
illegitimacy rate, 65 percent of black children raised in female-headed
households, high crime rates and fraudulent education are devastating
problems, but they're not civil rights problems. Furthermore, their
solutions do not lie in civil rights strategies. - Walter Williams