Thank you Jerry, you managed to remind me of this classic Isaac Asimov quote:

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way
through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion
that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your
knowledge.'"

-- Isaac Asimov