Sigh.
OK, here we go.
Yes, the US WILL be pulling out. We have been doing so for a while now. We are
not going to just leave en-masse. It's an orderly withdrawal that will take
some time. With that being said, there will still be some NATO forces remaining
in the country for things such as follow on training, security and such.

I am not sure if you are aware of it, but there are units that are rotating out
of Kuwait in case Iraq needs our assistance. Units stay there for about six
months at a time doing training and acting as a Quick Reaction Force (QRF) for
Iraq. I would imagine that something similar will happen for Afghanistan.