On the subject of grilling (which is not bbq, mind you, which involves a
smoker)...where do y'all fall with regards to charcoal versus gas grills?

I've traditionally been a Weber charcoal grill man, especially once I was
introduced to the concept of a charcoal chimney and was able to ditch the
starter fluid.  However, I've now inherited a gas grill that looks pretty
decent (once I clean it up a bit). So I'm curious to give that a try and
maybe do some side by side comparisons this summer to see the pros and cons
of each.

I also just picked up a single burner high btu burner for brewing. It
specifically says "not for deep frying turkeys!" on it for some reason.
Pondering what else I should do with it and thinking that my next adventure
with it will be frying chicken in the dutch oven. That burner should keep
the oil nice and hot.

Cheers,
Judah