On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 7:37 PM, Michael Dinowitz
<mdino...@houseoffusion.com> wrote:

> You should have a Refuah Shelama (a complete healing). I hope you're just
> avoiding the political threads rather than bowing out of the list in
> general.

I do need healing, as I am past the point where allopathic medicine
can do anything for me. Currently suffering with crippling arthritis
in my hands, which makes it hard to type or to play my instruments.
Also a failing kidney due to a reaction to the contrast agent used
during a medical procedure, and a toe with the bones completely
crushed.

Mostly however, I need work that I can do from home as I am not able
to commute very much.  I'm doing a lot of data conversions, moving
stuff from relational databases to Big Data tools and migrating
content from various CMS systems.
But I am actively seeking more clients so I can keep food on the table.

> On a related note, I'm rather impressed with our members on the whole. We
> can and do fight like cats and dogs but I've seen people of opposing
> viewpoints meet on some issues and have seen people who would kill each
> other on one issue be able to put it totally aside when the issue wasn't
> being discussed.

I agree about the list.  I have made some very good friends here,
including some that I butt heads with over politics on a regular
basis.  But there a couple of people I've encountered here that I
would not willingly break bread with, so my choice to avoid them, and
I cannot do that and participate in the political discussions.  I will
still be onlist, just not reading the political threads.