So let's see.. you are a citizen of the Netherlands, correct? Let's say the
Netherlands goes to war against some other country and you decide to go to
that other country and fight against the Netherlands. Lo and behold you are
captured by your country's army. You are a Prisoner of War.

Gee ... You mean to tell me you are (in that case) not bound by the laws of
the Netherlands?

You have not renounced your citizenship, have you? You have not become a
citizen of this other country, have you? So why shouldn't your country
prosecute you?

This is not the case of a murder or a rape committed against an individual
in another country, where that country's laws might take precedence. This
is the case of a crime committed against the United States by one of its
citizens. Treason is a different ballgame, Jocham. The same rules do not apply.

Judith