Years ago I helped give birth to what was supposed to be something great for CF; a
methodology to help organize code and enforce best practices. If I knew then what I
knew now, I'd have tried to kill it before it got started.
Yes, I'm ranting a bit. I'm helping out a friend with a project and modifying a
commercial product (one he paid money for). Now you'd expect that a commercial product
would have good code, right? You'd expect that a product that supposedly followed a
methodology would have good code, right? That the code would be written intelligently,
that it would not repeat itself or fall over itself, right? Well, this code is poorly
written, does not use any best practices (I see CFSETs with pound signs around
everything), uses one of the Fusebox methodologies (one of as the methodology has
splintered) and is just not good code. And I have to make it good code.
I'm going to start CF classes. If you write bad code, you get hit with a shock prod.
If you release bad code, you get abused by a large bull (let your imagination run free
here). It'll be learn it right and tight or wish you were in a Turkish jail being
interrogated by Abdul.
<end of rant>

Michael Dinowitz
Master of the House of Fusion