> The Parhelion effect...errm that maybe spelt wrong..is when you see
> false images of the sun, so that it seems that there are three suns and
> it's supposed to be way cool to see! Very spiffy.

never hoid of it...will check it out though

> Alaska must be a beautiful place, though it would probably seem
> completely alien to me.
> Something the guide noted while we were at Matura, was that Trinidad is
> sucha  diverse island, there seems to be almost every type of landscape
> there. You have the caroni plains with the sugar cane fields etc. You
> have the mountains in south with incredible views.
> You have the flat land of the east coast and the beaches there, then you
> have the mountainous regions of the North..swamp land in the west and
> central. On the way to south you have undulating roads and land..

we have very diverse terrain as well but its because the state is so large.
flat interior, biggest mountains in the us, frozen tundra, the panhandle is
like seattle weather like with giant trees, rock beaches, fast rivers.
sounds like trinidad-frozen.

> We really have a little bit of everything on this paradise, and for some
> reason our tourism industry is INTENT on keeping it ALL a secret ^_^
> Go figure!

i have to plan a honeymoon somewhere - maybe we will call the trindad
chamber of commerce  ;-)