> Does Alaska get really sunny and is it ever 'warm'?
> I imagine lovely evenings etc. in summer (Is alsaka where you see the
> Parhelion effect?)

Whats a parhelion effect?  <g>

It is VERY sunny in May and June and much of the winter.  Today is sunny and
in the high 60's or low 70's F.  It has been very hot and sunny this
summer - with temps going into the high 70's here in anchorage.  When we
visited Fairbanks it was 83-86 degrees which felt HORRIBLE to us, and we had
to get a hotel room instead of camping because the dogs were melting.

> but it always being cold...which kinda defeats the entire purpose of the
> sun doesn't it :).

Its only cold in the winter!  And you dress up for it and you go outside
anway or else you get cabin fever.  Remember, you can always put on more
clothes, but you can only take off so much.

> Like when it rains in Trinidad but the sun is still shining in the sky,
> we say, "Rain falling, sun shining, monkey marrying.."
> No I don't know exactly what it means...or where it came from but it's a
> saying :)

ROFLMAO.  It does this alot in Seattle - where my parents live.  I will be
saying it the next time I see it.

> Oh and be careful,
> I'm approaching the point where I could actually afford something as
> impulsive as this.
> *grin*

You should come to visit me for winter solstice.  You can see the worst day
of the year.