Yes, you can. In the FAQ it states you can always come back.

The rounds are objective based, but the round is over after you get the
objective.

For instance, my favorite map is the Insurgent camp. If you are on the
assault team, you have to move in, to the building and get the data out
of the computer. But the mission is complete once you get the data, you
don't have to go to the extraction point.