Yes, you can do this. It's a matter of having the ACTION attribute of
the form tag set to the overall frameset page. You don't have to specify
what frame the variables are sent to. You pull them into the frame you
want later.

Within the frame where you wish to call the form variables to, just
code it like any other action page you would use and scope your
variables as form.variable.

My whole site is in frames (as a matter of making use of two free
services because I'm thrifty)  and I really don't code anything
different. No probs so far.

Outside of the reason I do this, I'm not sure why you want to do this
on a corporate site. Is your top frame your navigation? Why not call
that via cfinclude? I'm just curious about why some people still use
frames especially when coding in a dynamic language like CF.

##########################
Guy J. McDowell
Audio-Visual Technician
Web Server Technologies Instructor
Sir Sandford Fleming College
Lindsay, ON
K9V 5E6
(705) 749-5520 ex. 3261
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://gaia.flemingc.on.ca/~gmcdowel/index.htm

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/29/02 11:57am >>>
the form itself is not in a frame set.  The form results generate a
report, so I
need the action page to open in a new window with a stationary frame at
the top
for the header and the bottom will be the actual results.

Larry Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 07/29/2002 12:01:42 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]