What I do not understand is why? Why take out Saddam and Iraq in the first
place? What can he do now that he could not do 5 years ago. He knows that he
had the crap beat out of him in the Gulf. About the only good that came out
of it for him is that it gave him a chance to eliminate some potential
threats to his regime, the Shi'ite communities in the Tigris and Euphrates
marches, and the Kurds in northern Iraq. Right now things were slowly
getting better for the people in Iraq, they've been quite quiet. Why do
something incredibly stupid right now?

Moreover, ten years ago we had at least the tacit support of the surrounding
countries. So far only one or two countries have even considered providing
bases. Saudi Arabia has not. Neither has Turkey. That doesn't leave a lot of
space left. How many carriers can you fit in the Gulf without creating a
situation that resembles sitting ducks?

A war of aggression like this would be quite stupid.

larry

--
Larry C. Lyons
ColdFusion/Web Developer