> I've installed the mySQL ODBC driver and mySQL v3.23.52. I added a mySQL
datasource under the "User DSN" tab.
> I then created a name "alias" under the "System DSN" tab for my database I
created using mySQL-Front.

Ok.  You don't need to do both.  An entry under System DSN will do it.  Does
the DSN verify under ODBC?  There's a "Test Data Source" button on the
myODBC properties panel.

> WHen I try to add this to the CF Administrator when I try to verify I get
an error.

If the entries in the ODBC driver are correct CF will be able to verify the
connection.

> The ODBC data source Alias cannot be edited remotely. The ColdFusion
Administrator either
> does not support remote editing for this driver [MySQL] or its driver was
not found
> on the server.

This is what I mentioned yesterday.  For some reason, CFAS doesn't allow you
to add mySQL DSNs under windows, but its there under Linux.  You have to
edit it via the ODBC Control panel.

Anyone got some CF code for adding mySQL DSNs via the web??

Stephen