> > eh?
> >
> > Are you talking about the win2k/nt user manager?
>
> No. All the users have accounts under NT in the user manager. I was asking
if I had to
> duplicate those NT accounts in the MySQL-Front User-Manager for them to
access
> the database(s)?

OK - so you are talking about winnt user manager. Only if you want those
user to be able to access the database directly and rather than through a CF
application and would rather they didn't have access to the administrative
or a central username and password.

The users in mySQL are for accessing the databases either via the command
line, via ODBC or some kind of GUI.  Giving users different access rights
allows you to restrict what those users can and can't do and see in your db
server.
A simplified example of this is: I have 2 users for my applications.  One
user is a read only user and is the one used for outputting content from the
DB into CF templates, where visitors to the site have no need to alter or
insert any data.  My second user is an admin user that can update and insert
into the database for that application and is only used in the web admin for
the application for that purpose.  So if I have 4 applications and one
database for each application, I have 8 users.  2 users per application and
each pair of users can only see the database for its application and no
other.

> Also,
>
> I have a question regarding MySQL-Front. When I modify my table properties
to "text"
> and "longtext" for certain fields when I do a query all I see is (MEMO)
text yet if I
> change them to VARCHAR(50) I see the text?

Select a table from your DB, select the data tab, then look down the bottom
of mySQL Front.  You'll see 3 tabs (SQL, BLOB-Editor, Filter) Select
BLOB-Editor.  You'll now see another 3 tabs (Text, Image, Hex), make sure
text is selected.
Now select a row from your table with a "memo" field, then click on the
column and you'll see the text from the field in the box at the bottom.

> My fields could contain 1000+ characters so that why I selected
"longtext". Isn't VARCHAR for numbers?

RTFM on VARCHAR and longtext.  (I'll bet that your users won't be inserting
the best part of 43 million characters into the DB will they?) :
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Column_types.html