> When I got home after work I installed MySQL on my box and it went without
a glitch. I was able
> to add a database and verify it no problem.
> Wiped up some CF code to read and display the database results. It
flies....

Let me guess.... CF and mySQL on the same box, running from localhost,
right?

> For some unknown reason I can't get it to work at "work". CD Administrator
sees the data source
> I created under the "System DSN" tab.
> I even entered in a username/p[assword for the datasourse (administrator)
and CF won't verify
> the database. Keeps returning "Failed" error.

Write a cfquery to pick something up from the datasource, even though we
know that under the CFAS you can't verify the connection.  Run the query and
see what the error message is.
I'll bet the error is something along the lines of "Access Denied for
user@somehost"  If it is, then what you need to do is make sure that you
have granted that user access to mySQL from that host, which is a job for
mySQL Front.

Stephen