> You could rephrase your last statement to be more accurate:
>
> "As for the president, no clue."
>
> seems an apt description.
Wellll.... :)
> ;)
>
> Actually semantics is everything in the case of Israeli assassinations.
From
> a Palestinian viewpoint its a horrid human right violation. From the
Israeli
> point of view its a military action.
And from the Palestinian viewpoint the terrorists who go and kill women and
children are martyrs, not terrorists. Viewpoints are skewed to the favor of
each side. There's a time when we have to just say screw it, this is the
viewpoint to take and no 'moral equivilency' or 'but they're both right'.
According to some, any American presence on Arab land makes them fair game
for death. That's a viewpoint that must be rejected, at least by those who
want peace and open-ness.

> The difference is moot. However the difference becomes critical when 3rd
> parties are involved, as in the recent assassination of a local Hamas
leader
> when 20 or so other people, including quite a few children, were killed by
> collateral damage.
That's the whole problem. How do you kill someone who has to be killed when
he uses his own people as human shields. I'm all for targeted killings but
they have to be targeted. They have to avoid innocent bystanders as much as
possible.