I was playing devil's advocate - and seem to succeed surprisingly well.

So sorry.

But I think it is a valid analogy to the COWC. The only difference is the number of
loonies listening intently. The rest of the ideas and methods are startling similar.

(Seem to love the Ss tonight)

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/26/02 04:05PM >>>
You compare the leader of some obscure racist cult (Loeb) to mainstream clerics of the
worlds largest religion that have access to spread there message over the world on
Al-Jezeera?

If thats the case than why don't the higher, or less fundamentalist clerics come out
against these activities?  Very few have. Seriously, while not al of the Muslim world
wants us dead, the vast majority of it does respect and admire the people out there
doing the killing.

Someone earlier brought up the crusades.  Well Mr. Osama is basically running one.  He
has that large an amount of supporters around the world. Not just members of his
organization, but the many militant organizations world wide.  You have only to look
at what has been going on in South Asia lately to see that fundamentalist Islam is
spreading, and it's moving fast.

I think that minimizing a Fatwa (which is in part while many attacks, such as those in
Kuwait, are happening now) is a mistake.

Tim