Can't say the same about myself. My dissertation was on attentional
processing and hypnotic susceptibility. To get an adequate sample size
(equal number of people who were highly, moderately and not very
hypnotizable) we assessed about 2000 people on their responsiveness to
hypnosis. It worked out to be around 500 people per semester.

Then after the initial screenings I had to reassess the 160 people on a
more complex and demanding hypnotizabilty measure. Eventually I ended up
with about 40 in each of the high, medium and low hypnotizable groups. Then
I had to do the actual study, (more on that some other time).

The funny thing of it was is that after I learned and was certified in
hypnosis, I ended up not being very responsive to it. It wasn't that
anything changed, I just got too critical of the techniques being used.

larry