>> I have used them all in varying amounts, CF and .NET the most in the
>> past year. To be 100% honest I cannot tell much difference between the
>> two. With one exception: development time in CF seems significantly
>> lower.
>
>Which one are you more familiar with?
>Which have you used longer?
>Are the applications and system you are creating require something specific only one
>platform can deliver?
>
>Development time should not and cannot be the only reason to pick a specific platform.

Of course not but if, as the original poster said, he saw no other significant
difference, then it becomes a major component of the decision.

It's still my contention that you can build the vast majority of web applications (and
build them well architecturally) faster in CF than in anything else.

However you can't build ALL web applications equally well in CF - for some (a
minority, but a significant minority) you may need more.  In my case I would create
them by extending CFMX with Java (since it's normally only a small part of the
application that requires something "more" than CF), but they can be addressed in
many, many ways.

Jim Davis