>From what I understand, MS is using the subscription fee to setup game
servers.

Right now, the server is just some player's xBox. Because of this the
games are relatively small, I have only been able to play with at most 8
people and not have lag problems.

It would be nice if there were dedicated servers hosted with good
bandwidth that can support the 20+ people with the voice part as well.

EA is supposed to be setting up their own online service for their
console games. There is talk of them allowing xBox, PS2, and PC players
to all play each other. But that is just talk, don't know how true that
is, but that would be nice.

Those