| Subject: Notebook Recommendations
| From: "Sandy Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:45:17 -0500
|
| Okay, I've made a major decision in terms of my computing environment.
| After last weeks conference, I want to buy a laptop computer which will
| also suffice for my desktop as well (via a docking station so that I can
| have my large monitor and keyboard). I'm tired of transferring files and
| not having all the information I need at my fingertips.
|
| I'm looking for something that comes close to the following specs.
| 1.8 ghz CPU or better
| 40-60 Gig HD
| 1024 + RAM
| Supports High resolution
| 3 + Hours battery life.
| Light as possible.
| Internal 10/100 Network.
| Internal Modem (for those times Wireless just isn't an option)
|
| IBM Compatibles only please, I am not a linux/unix geek or an apple fan.
|
| What do you all suggest?
|
| Sandy

Vey high on your list should be DELL, Toshiba, or IBM Thinkpad.   Dell has a
little edge in price, and the new on-the-motherboard wireless chip technology
from Intel.

My personal preferences would be fore the Dell, because of the robustness, but
there may be other considerations as well.

Prices and your mileage will vary widely.