I have to back up the Dell choices as well.

Since you will be travelling around, accidents are likely, and a good
warranty is worth it's weight in gold.

We have a Dell Lattitude c840, and while it's a bit on the chunky side,
it's a hell of a machine, and we're running two batteries in it to give
5 hours of battery life. (that'll get you over here to the UK ;) )

Yes, peeps, yes, they are more expensive, but I look at this as a
business investment, and with the warranty in place I know if I have
problems Dell WILL fix it. And they have been here, next day service and
all!

Another programmer I know has a Dell laptop and he had practically
trashed it, prolly dropped it a few times, and the screen was hanging on
by a thread along with a few other problems. With only a few months to
go on his warranty, they had it completely fixed, in a couple of days if
I remember correctly, no extra charges.

So given that Sandy travels all over the country and soon to be Europe,
a quality machine backed by superb warranty is going to be a huge factor
I would think. And since Dell of course sells docking stations for all
their models, it makes that an even easier proposition.

But what the hell do I know. ;)

Here everyone, have a pan of fresh baked blueberry muffins .... ;)