Well, no. If you mean me, I never talked about the rebuilding.

I was specifically talking about the money awarded for support in the field.

There are already civilians on the ground running the ports, controlling the captured
oil fields, running water pipes from Kuwait, and putting out the oil head fires. They
ain't there for free.

The money was awarded using existing open ended never ending (no top dollar amount)
support contracts.

No bid. Really no controls.

Not that there is _necessarily_ anything wrong with that, but as someone here said
last week, I don't like even the appearance of impropriety in my elected (and
appointed) officials.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/29/03 11:05AM >>>
But it proves that there was a bid process, which some on this list
disputed. And any sub-contracts would be awarded by the contract winner,
not the government.

My point here is that many people jump to conclusions without getting all
the facts first.