ok, seriously, I dunno if it is a myth, but I am assuming the primary role
of a medic is not combat? In other words, they might carry a gun, and even
use it if necessary, but they would not for example be ordered to go take
hill 409, or whatever. If I were on the front lines I would *want* a gun.
Self defense, defense of patients if necessary. That was the distinction I
was making in my mind, and if I am wrong about that, please feel free to
explain how. You do of course know more about military procedure tha I do.

Dana

ColdFusion and related topics.