Sending from my server now ;)

I would agree to be tax exempt when you are in the service but once
you're out you gotta pay taxes like everyone else.

Some of these are active duty only but still better then some get.
1) free medical and dental care, free (or very cheap) medical and dental
care for your immediate family, 30 days paid vacation every year, free
travel, educational benefits, commissary and exchange privileges and
much more.

*Veterans' Administration benefits ranging from low interest home loans
to burial in national cemeteries *Veteran's Preference for many Federal,
State and Local government jobs!

Active-Duty military personnel can receive up to $2,000 reimbursement
per child for many adoption-related expenses up to a maximum of $5,000
in one year.

Home Loan Guaranty
VA guarantees loans to purchase a home, manufactured home, certain types
of condominiums; or to build, repair, and improve homes. This benefit
may be used to refinance an existing home loan. Certain disabled
veterans can receive grants to have their home specially adapted to
their needs. Native Americans living on Trust Land may qualify for a
direct home loan. Basic eligibility requirements are:
  Selected Reserve or National Guard
When eligibility is based on reserve service, the individual must have
completed six years of honorable service. If he/she was discharged due
to service-connected disability, the required service time could be
less.
  Active Duty - When eligibility is based on current active duty
service, eligibility begins after 181 days of active service (or 90 days
during the Gulf War) unless discharged or separated from a previous
qualifying period of active duty service. Home

Burial Benefits
Burial benefits for veterans may include a gravesite in any of our 120
national cemeteries with available space, opening and closing of the
grave, perpetual care, a Government headstone or marker, a grave liner
for casketed remains, a burial flag, and a Presidential Memorial
Certificate, at no cost to the family. VA can pay a burial allowance of
$2000 for veterans who died of service-related causes. For other
veterans receiving VA benefits, VA can pay $300 for burial and funeral
expenses and a $300 plot allowance. A U.S. flag for burial purposes is
issued for individuals who complete at least one enlistment in the
Selected Reserve or National Guard, or who was discharged due to
service-connected disability or whose death was the result of service. A
flag can also be issued for individuals who at the time of death were
eligible for retirement pay based on Selected Reserve or national Guard
Service, or would have been entitled had the member attained age 60.

VA Life Isurance
National Guard and Reserve Personnel are eligible to receive
Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (SGLI), Veterans Group Life
Insurance (VGLI), and Family Group Life Insurance (FGLI). They may also
be eligible for Service-Disabled Veterans Insurance (RH) if called to
active duty, injured, and have a ervice-connected disability. s
Additional information may be obtained on-line at
ttp://www.insurance.va.gov/ H

Anyone who had military service can also find several veteran only
insurance companies and those types who give great rates on insurance of
all kinds.

I stopped looking after all this its plenty. Not to mention the life
experience you get going into the military. But I'm all for getting rid
of income tax to active duty people.