Haven't read the post in question (yet)...but regardless of what it says, I'd personally not let any anonymous posts thru.  If someone isn't willing to stand up for what they say, then it wasn't worth saying.

Just my opinion, of course.

- Anonymous

----- Original Message -----
  From: S. Isaac Dealey
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 8:12 AM
  Subject: ignorance is frustrating

  I want some advice here, 'cause... I'm ignorant. :)

  I got the first hostile post on my blog this morning, and I'd like
  opinions from the community as to whether or not I should remove it.
  For now I've responded with another comment -- not that I necessarily
  needed to, but I was there. :)

  The blog entry is here:

  http://www.turnkey.to/ontap/docs/blog.cfm?netaction=view&blogdate=2003
  -09-28

  Sorry for the line wrap.

  In addition to anonymously posting hostile comments which seem to
  highlight the fact that they're unaware of what they're talking about,
  they also misspelled "those" ... heh ...

  My thought on the subject is that it's somewhat "ingenuine" (for lack
  of a better word) to delete the hostile post just because it was
  hostile. The phrase "keeping it real" comes to mind, but it's not an
  _expression_ I really use or ever have used, so I think it doesn't sound
  natural when I say it. :) (Anybody else here remember the scene from
  Signs where he says it doesn't sound natural when he curses?) Anyway
  -- so that's why I'm disinclined to remove it myself, but I'm second
  guessing myself, so I wanted some additional opinions.

  Personally, I think it's kinda cheap to post something hostile and to
  do it anonymously. I haven't got any hostility myself toward Hal or
  anyone else in the Fusebox community. That's not to say I've never
  posted anything negative or angry -- I get frustrated like everybody
  else, and I try to apologize when I realize that I've offended people.
  Obviously Fusebox isn't my prefered architecture, but I don't see
  anything wrong with that, and I think that as an instructor I could
  provide an unbiased curriculum even teaching both Fusebox and onTap,
  since I don't think there's a necessarily direct relationship between
  preference and understanding. In other words, I don't think I have to
  be ignorant of the merits of Fusebox to personally prefer something
  else. In all honesty, the two frameworks have very different strengths
  and weaknesses.

  s. isaac dealey                972-490-6624

  team macromedia volunteer      http://www.macromedia.com/go/team

  chief architect, tapestry cms  http://products.turnkey.to

  onTap is open source           http://www.turnkey.to/ontap