> Don't some of the more advanced Cisco Certs have a practical exam?
>

> Timothy Heald

I just checked with our Cisco instructor over in the next cubicle. Yes, the
highest cert, CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetworking Engineer), requires a
practical lab. That's for working on things like routers the size of file
cabinets to manage the major backbones. He mentioned that there's something
like only 4000 people worldwide with that certification.

The other Cisco certs though are apparently just like everything else.
Study, take a written test, get the cert.

(If any of the above is wrong, don't shoot me. I just asked him and that's
what he told me.)

-Kevin