From: John Stanley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 12:46 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Any raw feeders?

Larry,
    Alot of people worry about salmonella, and for good reason because
it is
dangerous to people. But not for dogs. The dry food or canned food they
get
probably has the same amount of bacteria that a raw piece of chicken
does.
This is why a dog can readily eat roadkill, garbage or anything it finds
without getting sick. Also a dog vomiting up something it just ate may
only
mean it didnt chew it enough, and so will reconsume, not that it made it
sick (from food poisoning).

I know nothing about ferrets except that they are carnivores like dogs
and
cats and have heard that they can do some serious damage to a chicken
quarter.

One more thing in case you dont know. Dogs can eat raw chicken and other
bones (except large animal weight bearing bones like cow legs or deer
legs),
but they should never have cooked bones. cooked bones are hard and
brittle
and can injure the dog. Raw bones except those mentioned above are
softer
(especially chicken) and can be safely eaten.

Hope this helps.

here is a link http://www.rawmeatybones.com
<http://www.rawmeatybones.com>