What happens when a heterosexual married female has sex with a man and
gets pregnant?  I have no idea how that plays out legally, but the
institution of marriage between the two women in your example is just as
valid as the marriage between a woman and a man in my example.  That's
up for pre-existing custody laws, or (hopefully) the principles
themselves, to decide.

- Jim