From: BethF [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 1:22 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: You People

Piggyback becuz I didn't see the original...

If "women want a huge wedding and men want to elope" then why am I (who
wishes to elope) having a huge wedding to accomodate my husband-to-be?
Why did my best friend have to accomodate her husbands wedding wishes,
when she just wanted to get married in the courthouse.  And I am certain
some male friend has called me an asshole at some point.  And last night
I sat on mike's hand and farted.

Obviously, your stereotpyes dont' apply to everyone.  Thats because they
are stereotypes - they aren't based in genetics.  They are cultural
norms that folks seem to follow.

Doesnt' mean we have to follow them, nor does it mean they apply to
everyone.