To add just a bit. The author used one form of factor analysis I
don't necessarily like, called principle components analysis. Without
going into detail it makes some assumptions about how the individual
items are related to each other, frequently overestimating this
communality. Its good for a first estimation of the underlying
factors, and for the initial development of a questionnaire, but for
determining the actual structure of the factors involved, I think its
inadequate.

I'll be downloading the data today and using some other analysis on
it later today and see what I come up with.

larry