Thanks all. Its Osmar, who's the youngest of the lot, and the smallest.

This is the little guy who had to go for the emergency surgery at the
beginning of October. About 3 weeks ago his weight began dropping and
there was blood in his stool. It eventually took exploratory surgery
to determine that he had inflammatory bowel disorder. Basically after
the operation it looks like he developed a very bad set of gastric
ulcers caused by a heliobacter infection. Unfortunately it also
resulted in an immune system reaction that attacked his lower
intestines. So while the ulcers are continuing, he isn't really
digesting very much of the food he eats. The end result is that his
weight has dropped to about 430 grams. He was at 950 grams a month
ago.

This has not been a good year for our ferrets. The other two seem to
be doing quite fine. Possum, the eldest at 6, is perfectly healthy
and active, while Augustus who living with adrenal sarcoma and
Insulinoma (islet cell tumours) is doing OK as well - mind you he's
become quite fat and bald.

Here's hoping he recovers.

larry