From: S. Isaac Dealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2003 10:58 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: cell phone best deal?

> I agree - which is one reason why I went with the Nokia -
> although this one
> is a tad larger than even my old Nokia.  A lot of that is
> the screen tho:
> nice, big bright and useful.

> Still - I can see the desire for small.  Having to carry
> around a brick 24/7
> for several minutes a day use isn't fun either.  Were the
> hell are our Dick
> Tracy two-way wrist communicators!  ;^)

Well we often do as much (the brick for a few minutes a day) with our
laptops. :) Though I think the cellular industry by and large is
really missing that "happy medium". I think the Motorola I have is in
that happy medium vicinity -- most of them are just way too small
imho. As for Dick Tracy, yellow rubbers asside, I got out of the
habbit of wearing a watch a few years ago and at this point I think
it's one habbit I'd prefer not to get back into. :)

Though I found that I can't use the plastic belt-clip for the
Motorola. If I get something for it it's got to be the leather case
that encloses it completely (at which point I think I prefer my
regular pockets), 'cause my new car, nice as it is, is pretty small,
and when I have the phone on a plastic clip it either interferese with
my seatbelt, or I snap the clip in half when I sit down in the
driver's seat. Good thing they're cheap.

  _____