I have driven both front wheel drive and rear wheel drive muscle before.  My
first real driving experiences (at high speed) were a slant 6 225 in a 74
dodge dart I had built up (used to be the most popular SCCA car in the US)
and an 84 z28 I put a 350 in.  Both a lot of fun.  I do think that managing
your take off is a lot easier in a heavier rear wheel drive car.  I get a
lot of hop and spin if I try and launch at anything over 2000 rpms.
Shifting through 3rd can be difficult if not managed well also.  You can not
power shift this car or it will just spin.  That's great for the ricers who
want to play with drift, but not so good for times in the 1/4 or Solo II.
If I replace the engine mounts it's supposed to help with wheel hop a lot,
but I just don't have the money to do a lot to the car right now, my wife
keeps saying "but it's a brand new car".  She just doesn't get it yet :)
Wait till I let her run a 1/4 in the spring.

I haven't been to a track here just yet, although the GW Parkway might as
well be one some nights :)  Obviously I am not going to really talk about
street racing all too much.  Street racing is illegal and dangerous and umm
wrong, yeah, wrong :)

There are several tracks around here.  When Manassas opens back up I am
going to go do 1/4s there.  I am also trying to find out where the SCCA does
solo II around here.  Solo II is nice because it's a track race with good
turns, but safe as there is only one car on the track at a time.  Plus there
are many different categories from stock to major modified.  I will be
somewhere in the middle.  Aside from some minor performance mods I don't
want to lose my warranty so most will be visual.

So far I have ordered a MOPAR blow off valve and short shifter and some new
spark plug wires from moroso.  I am going to wait until MOPAR comes out with
it's stage 2 turbo upgrade before I do anything else major.  I might add a
pressure valve to the waste gate actuator to up my boost to 17 or 18 psi to
red line, but I might not. The stock WGA starts to break at 4 pounds and
that's pretty light.   I don't know where to go to dyno here and I don't
want to risk screwing up my engine without the right numbers :)

Tim