Yah, that's me.  I am actually writing this from my villa in the Sud de
France, drinking copious amounts of expensive red wine and watching topless
bathers that I have imported for my own pleasure.  Life is good, you American
pig!

Some of my core beliefs:

1.  NAFTA is good for the US because it forces us to come to grips with the
disportionally high wages vis-a-vis the rest of the world.  Is an American
Union worker really worth $20/hour when others are available for $10, or $5?
2.  Debt by anyone is bad.  My wife and I spent the last 10  years working our
way out of debt that we cause in the first 10.  Now come the college years...
3.  Government spending is the most inefficient kind because of the lack of
incentives to spend wisely

So, Bush, in the short term has been spending way to much.  I am not informed
enough to decide how much of this is really a redirection of funds to Defense
and how much is continued lack of discipline in the domestic arena.  I only
hope that the continued debt build-up now leads to some level of spending
growth reductions in the future.  I have no hope for actually spending
reductions.

Unfortunately, no one out their is yelling for fiscal discipline on the
spending side, because no one wants to hear about their pet dollar going bye
bye.  So while I don't especially like what he is doing, I have some hopes
that it will lead to discipline as the noise about the deficit continues to
grow.

And since I would love to join the ultra-rich elite, I do not support any
Federal tax increases.

This should be enough fodder for quite a lengthy discussion.

Andy