How do you think the Phantom will fare, assuming they come out with a viable
product?

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Arnold [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: January 22, 2004 6:40 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Phantom Game info link

> What the heck are you talking about?  I'm not saying the
> games won't work, I'm saying that the games won't look as
> good, and won't run as fast.  And since developers may have
> no reason to make sure their games work as well as they could
> on the Phantom (remember, the PC platform is a moving
> target), Phantom owners could be left with a quickly
> obsoleting console.

And ALL consoles are "quickly obsoleting" as well

PS1 is WAY obsolete, but it still has games developed for it

PS2 is effectively obsolete as it's old technology, but it's still the
biggest selling console out there!

Oh, so the games won't look as good or run as fast? You know what - the
PS2 games don't look as good or run as fast as Xbox and GameCube games!

What you're saying is "It's a console, so people shouldn't buy it" -
which means noboby should EVER buy a console! Game WILL come out for it
- they did for every system, and people bought them, whether the machine
survived or not is another matter, people still bought them!

If everybody took your attitude, then NOTHING apart from the PS2 would
be bought, but then again, it's going to be obsolete, so don't buy it...
Erm, that means that nobody should EVER buy a console or PC as the
hardware will be obsolete soon

In fact, don't buy a TV either, as there's new technology coming along
which will make standard and HD TV obsolete, so it won't look as good...

VCRs? Obsolete already - ignore the fact that they're useful, they're
obsolete, and the quality isn't as good as DVDR, so don't buy those

DVD players? Bound to be new technology developed to make that obsolete,
so don't buy them

Same for your car, the hybrid cars are going to make petrol only engines
obsolete, so don't buy that...

Your "Don't buy it because it'll be obsolete" attitude works for
EVERYTHING you can think of - in which case you should live in a bubble
and never buy anything
  _____