Bill Wheatley wrote:
> spamcop is one of the more realistic lists. Where as the spews cocksucks
> and the asspounders on abuse.spam are just scumbags lol.

I like SPEWS. Very efficient, very few errors in their listsings. They block a ton of IPs not in use by spammers, but that is on purpose and consistent with the stated goal and policies of the list.
Naturally that means that if you don't agree with their goal and policies you should not use it. Definitely not for the general public, but I like it for some special email addresses.
Block or don't use.

Spamcop is exactly the other way around. Sloppy listing because every subscriber can get IPs listed without verification if it was really spam, but often whitehat IP addresses are removed very fast. Also, they do whitelist mail servers of some very large ISPs.
Best to be used to +1 SpamAssassin.

Abuse.spam is a list I am not familiar with. Perhaps you mean MAPS?

> Too many times do people who are not spammers and get listed just try to
> ask how to get off the list and they get yelled at and treated like shit
> by the assholes on the newsgroups.

Usenet is not a friendly place in general. Especially not if you are a clueby asking for stuff that is in the FAQ. But I find the persistance of certain people in returning and demanding that they be unlisted rather entertaining. Because everybody knows it is not going to happen.

Jochem