> I didn't get hooked up in a sleep lab.
> They sent me home with a portable kit and a lot of attachments -
> fingertip o2sat sensor, cannula with microphone, etc - plus a
> recording unit. It all measured my apnea episodes while I slept at
> home.
> bb

They did this with me, too, both in Ontario and in West Virginia.  My o2 readings go to undetectable ranges while I sleep.  Under 60% and the sensor can't detect it.

In my last test at the lab where I had to go without a CPAP or Bi-PAP, they detected 254 breathing episodes in 149 minutes of sleep - an average of 102 episodes per hour.  I was NOTICEABLY not myself that day.  What I really notice is how testy I get if I don't have my machine with me.  My whole personality changes.  After two days, I start getting narcoleptic, and start to fall asleep while driving, and other things.