  From: Candace Cottrell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: 24 February 2004 19:25
  To: CF-Community
  Subject: RE: Ansel Adams

  I'd love to see a Dali up close and personal. He's my favorite artist and
I somehow think that having posters, calendars, and prints just isn't doing
his work any justice. Are any of his there at the Louvre?

  Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
  The Children's Medical Center
  One Children's Plaza
  Dayton, OH 45404
  937-641-4293

  http://www.childrensdayton.org
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  "There is no right price for the wrong product, even if it is inexpensive
and delivered on time."

  >>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2/24/2004 10:52:44 AM >>>
  This may be sacriligious and if my art teacher heard me say this, she'd
  likely beat me, but I prefer to see the Mona Lisa in print, in books or
  on a poster.
  Seeing her in person, up close, was WAYYYYYYYY not impressive.
  The ACT of it was. "Hey! We did the Louvre! We saw the Mona Lisa!" But
  looking at the real thing was just not mind blowing.

  Now when they had the exhibit of Michaelangelo's horse sketches and
  sculptures down in Washington DC YEARS ago, I was blown away by those.
  Of course horses are a passion near and dear to my heart, so that likely
  helped ...

  Some of the other masterpieces in the Louvre were lovely. Fascinating
  place ... what we saw of it ...

  Cheers,
  Erika

  From: Phillip B

  I got to go see a great selection of Ansel Adams photos at the museum
  this weekend. I have to say that I was floored with some of his photos.
  I have seen most of his pictures in books and what not but nothing
  compares to seeing the actual prints. Especially a three foot wide
  print. :-| It was like seeing my first Van Gogh. Nothing compares to the

  real thing.