Actually the 4th son of an Independent Baptist Preacher
Raised with that theology and turned a corner after 4 years of theology classes
as electives when going to the University for my IT degree.

I now have the feeling that errors in translation are being perpetuated by the
Christian Theological Seminaries due to their propensity for teaching expository
sermons.  (Expository meaning an explanation with a scripture quote to back up
your statement)   As a result most Christian Pastors, using the expository
methodology, tend to use scripture quotes to explain their position, even if the
particular passage quoted has any revelence to the subject at hand, when taken
in its historical context.

I do believe that the Hebrew people are God's chosen people, however with the
coming of Christ, I believe that his gospel and belief system was extended to
the Gentiles as well.  Not as replacements for the Hebrew People.  He exhorted
the Hebrews to become believers, and the ones that did are referred to as
Christian Jews.  The Hebrews who still adhere to the old teachings, while in
conflict with Christian belief system, as still part of the chosen people, and
therefore should have the honor and respect of the Gentile world.  This I
believe, and This I live.

  You're Jewish right? Not that it matters much but sometimes I tend to
  notice a persons religious affiliation determines the zeal with which
  they verbally assault things lol.