um usually when people identify themselves as "christian" -- as opposed to prebyterian or baptist --- there are other things that go along with that, like believing that catholics worship statues. I don't know your wife of course; just making hte point that the flip side of this is that the catholic church believes itself to be the one true church. I myself am a non-practicing catholic at best so I do not necessarily subscribe to this belief. I just know its there after having been through convent school and the ontario separate school system ;)