Actually, anxiety and depression are not opposites.  In fact, they
commonly occur together.  There's some debate as to their causal
relationship (does one cause the other, or do they stem from the same
root?) but many people have both.  I, for example, have anxiety attacks
whenever I get really depressed (and occasionally other times).

SSRI stands for Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitor.  Celexa is one.
  It didn't work for me.  Not all antidepressants work for everyone.
Zoloft worked some, and Effexor works better on me.

Not knowing what your perscription was for (14 days?  30?  60?) it's
possible that it hadn't kicked in yet.  SSRIs typically take 3-6 weeks
to start working.  Of course, it's possible it wasn't working.  And it's
possible that, if your anxiety is episodic instead of chronic, that you
actually *were* experiencing an improvement, but didn't know it.

--benD