> > Not at all. Don't buy a TV. You don't have to own one, or
> own a new one.
> > Fight with your pocket book. Sure it is Utopian, but at the
> same time,
> > if most people don't care about losing the right to create high
> > quality recordings, then the MPAA will win, as it should since we
> > didn't do our
> part
> > to convince enough people to not buy TVs with this chip.
>
> So says that man that is trying to rip dvds.

Err, I must not get it. :) I'm not sure how a chip in a TV would prevent me
from making my backup copy of my personal DVD. ;)

Let me be clear - I don't like the idea - but the thought that "Oh, this is
what will happen and the world will come to an end" is simply wrong.
Economic forces can be powerful, although I doubt if the MPAA/RIAA has
enough intelligence to recognize them.

-rc